“…look into happiness through another man’s eyes!”
The Duke’s Theatre Company returns for another fantastic Shakespeare performance, bringing As You Like It to Trebah's amphitheatre this summer.
The ancient Forest of Arden serves as the backdrop for Shakespeare’s most famous and quotable comedy. When Rosalind is banished from Duke Ferdinand’s court, new identities are explored with hilarious consequences.
Music, mayhem and madness thrill as we are shown that “All the world’s a stage”.
Back for a fourth Summer Season, The Duke’s Theatre Co follow their acclaimed tours of Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Twelfth Night. Kevin Bennett, (Shakespeare’s Globe, Stratford Festival, Ontario) directs this brand-new tour, making sure this As You Like It will live on in your memory “forever and a day”.
Reviews: 5 star “TDTC sets a new standard for open air theatre” – BBC Radio Wiltshire 5 star “The humour, (especially the humour) is impeccably presented” – Hastings Independent
- This event takes place in our open-air amphitheatre and we are used to the Cornish weather! Outdoor events will only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions, so please bring a coat.
- Please allow 20 minutes before the performance starts to walk to the amphitheatre.
- With tiered seating and plenty of leg room, there’s no need to bring your own chairs (but a cushion is a good idea). Please be aware, that seating is unreserved.
- A number of cushioned seats with back supports are available at the amphitheatre on a first-come-first-served basis.
- For large parties and groups, please arrive in plenty of time if you would like seats together.
- Due to the topography of the garden there is limited access to the amphitheatre, which may not be suitable for all types of mobility vehicles. We will do everything we can to make sure you can see the show but please call us on 01326 252205 before booking to discuss.
- Our only toilets are within the Visitor Centre at the top of the garden. Although many of our paths are lit it is advisable to bring a torch with you.
- Free parking is available for all events.
- Trebah loves dogs but unfortunately they are unable to attend live performance events.