As a valley garden, the route down and back up is very steep and therefore we do not recommend manual wheelchairs.
Trebah continually works to ensure that all visitors can gain the most from their visit and have the best possible access to our facilities and services.
To make a booking for a disabled person with access needs, please call us on 01326 252200.
The Visitor Centre is fully accessible, on a single level and contains no steps. It is situated at the top of a valley garden that drops to a beach below.
- There is step-free access from the car park towards the Visitor Centre
- The floor is concrete and level throughout the Visitor Centre, including the Cafe and Garden Shop
- The Cafe has step-free access to an outside seating area
- There is ample room between tables for wheelchairs, prams and pushchairs
- We have a portable hearing loop available at the Entrance
- Key staff in each department have disability awareness training
- All areas are well and evenly lit
- Perspex screens are temporarily in use
- Low counters are provided at the Entrance Desk and in the Shops
- A wheelchair is available within the Visitor Centre, but not the garden
- In addition to male and female toilets, there is a wheelchair-accessible toilet with baby changing facilities
- There is a circular, step-free route around the garden, although as a valley garden there are hills in places
Details on the mobility vehicles we hire out, and advice on bringing your own to the garden.