As a valley garden, the route down and back up is very steep and therefore we do not recommend manual wheelchairs.
Trebah continually works to ensure that all visitors can gain the most from their visit and have the best possible access to our facilities and services.
The Visitor Centre is fully accessible, on a single level and contains no steps. It is situated at the top of a valley garden that drops to a beach below.
If you have any access needs, including using your own mobility scooter, please call us on 01326 252200.
Tramper mobility vehicles
Our Tramper mobility vehicles are available to hire from 10am for all day use and must be pre-booked. To book, please call the office on 01326 252200 or email [email protected].
These vehicles cannot access the visitor centre, therefore please bring any other walking aides that you might require.
- There is step-free access from the car park towards the Visitor Centre
- The floor is concrete and level throughout the Visitor Centre, including the Cafe and Garden Shop
- The Cafe has step-free access to an outside seating area
- There is ample room between tables for wheelchairs, prams and pushchairs
- We have a portable hearing loop available at the Entrance
- Key staff in each department have disability awareness training
- All areas are well and evenly lit
- Low counters are provided at the Entrance Desk and in the Shops
- A wheelchair is available within the Visitor Centre, but not the garden
- In addition to male and female toilets, there is a wheelchair-accessible toilet with baby changing facilities
- There is a circular, step-free route around the garden, although as a valley garden there are hills in places
Details on the mobility vehicles we hire out, and advice on bringing your own to the garden.