This event is now sold out
This event is included in garden entry or free to members but a free ticket must be booked for all attendees (adults and children).
Let Squashbox Theatre be your guide to the tremendous world of trees, from branch to leaf and twig to root, from berry to blossom and bark to fruit!
Meet Craig, the friendly Forest Ranger and resident tree expert. It’s his job to make sure the woods are a peaceful and happy place, but he’s having a tough time of it today!
A cheeky squirrel has stolen his Chocolate Covered Nutty Snack Bar™, his niece ‘Little Red’ has wandered off the path on her way to Granny’s house, the mysterious old Wizard of the Woods is playing tricks again, and there are even rumours of a big bad Wolf in the forest!
Will Craig save the day? Come and find out, and along the way learn how to identify different trees, discover the wonder of photosynthesis, meet some friendly forest creatures and encounter crazy characters from folklore and fairy tales!
‘Tales from the Trees’ is a terrific tangle of puppetry, storytelling, live music and comedy, with a theme that embraces natural history, folklore and ecology.
Listen! The trees have tales to tell…
Trebah Kitchen will be open as usual
- This event takes place in our open-air amphitheatre and we are used to the Cornish weather! Outdoor events will only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions, so please bring a coat.
- Please allow 20 minutes before the performance starts to walk to the amphitheatre, as it is situated in the heart of Trebah Garden.
- With tiered seating and plenty of leg room everyone gets ‘the best seat in the house’, so there’s no need to bring your own chairs (but a cushion is a good idea). Please be aware however that seating is unreserved.
- A number of cushioned seats with back supports are available at the amphitheatre on a first-come-first-served basis.
- For large parties and groups, please arrive in plenty of time for us to find you seats together.
- Due to the topography of the garden there is limited access to the amphitheatre, which may not be suitable for all types of mobility vehicles. We will do everything we can to make sure you can see the show but please call us on 01326 252205 before booking to discuss.
- Our only toilets are within the Visitor Centre at the top of the garden.
- Although many of our paths are lit it is advisable to bring a torch with you.
- Picnics are welcome at this event and light refreshments will also be available.
- We have plenty of free parking available for all events.
- Trebah loves dogs but unfortunately they are unable to attend live performance events.