Beware the Jabberwock! The jaws that bite, The claws that catch! Run for your life! Save yourself! AHHH!
The village of Pokeytin is under threat. Their crops and cows disappear in the night. Mrs Dodos' washing has been pinched from the line and Mr Walrus can't find a single oyster! Who is to blame? Why the Jabberwocky of course!
Calf 2 Cow present this hilarious new adaption of Lewis Carrol's (Alice in Wonderland) famous poem The Jabberwocky. Join them as they tell the tale of our young hero from Pokeytin, armed with their vorpal sword, brave the journey to take on the fierce Jabberwock, knock his head off and save the land! Huzzah!
But is this monster really as bad as those old locals make out?
Expect the Calf 2 Cow treatment of silly multi-rolling, kicks and trips, live floor-stamping rock n roll, water buckets, sweaty actors and a giant dragon puppet, breathing actual fire! We hope.
Grab your Jubjub bird, and your best mad hat, and prepare yourself for the belly-laughing quest of a life time. This is the Jabberwocky as NEVER seen before.
One for all ages.
- Running time 1hr 15mins plus interval
- Tickets for this event provide access to the garden for 1 hour before the event starts
- This event takes place in our open-air amphitheatre and we are used to the Cornish weather! Outdoor events will only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions, so please bring a coat.
- Please allow 20 minutes before the performance starts to walk to the amphitheatre, as it is situated in the heart of Trebah Garden.
- With tiered seating and plenty of leg room everyone gets ‘the best seat in the house’, so there’s no need to bring your own chairs (but a cushion is a good idea). Please be aware however that seating is unreserved.
- A number of cushioned seats with back supports are available at the amphitheatre on a first-come-first-served basis.
- For large parties and groups, please arrive in plenty of time for us to find you seats together.
- Due to the topography of the garden there is limited access to the amphitheatre, which may not be suitable for all types of mobility vehicles. We will do everything we can to make sure you can see the show but please call us on 01326 252205 before booking to discuss.
- Our only toilets are within the Visitor Centre at the top of the garden.
- Although many of our paths are lit it is advisable to bring a torch with you.
- Picnics are welcome at this event and light refreshments will also be available.
- We have plenty of free parking available for all events.
- Trebah loves dogs but unfortunately they are unable to attend live performance events.