This event is now sold out
This event is included in garden entry or free to members but a free ticket must be booked for all attendees (adults and children).
Legend has it there are five types of faery in Cornwall: the Small Folk, the Piskies, the Knockers, the Brownies and - most mischievous of all - the Spriggans. Come on a journey through the countryside as we search for these elusive creatures, while at the same time learning all about the bees, bats, birds and butterflies who live alongside them.
Meet Skillywidden, the mischievous Pisky, and all of his faery friends! Watch the dance of the ‘beautiful’ Faery Queen! Marvel at the incredible Book Of Nature as it literally comes alive before your eyes! Gasp at the antics of Brian, the amazing mind-reading pig!
Skillywidden is a celebration of the wildlife and faery myths of Cornwall, using Squashbox Theatre’s distinctive mix of puppets, songs, storytelling and cabaret, with a strong environmental message. More crazy characters, more silly slapstick, more tall tales and more fantastic facts!
"I laughed more than my 4 year old - brilliant stuff, can't wait to see more!" Audience feedback, Minack Theatre
Trebah kitchen will be open as usual
- This event takes place in our open-air amphitheatre and we are used to the Cornish weather! Outdoor events will only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions, so please bring a coat.
- Please allow 20 minutes before the performance starts to walk to the amphitheatre, as it is situated in the heart of Trebah Garden.
- With tiered seating and plenty of leg room everyone gets ‘the best seat in the house’, so there’s no need to bring your own chairs (but a cushion is a good idea). Please be aware however that seating is unreserved.
- A number of cushioned seats with back supports are available at the amphitheatre on a first-come-first-served basis.
- For large parties and groups, please arrive in plenty of time for us to find you seats together.
- Due to the topography of the garden there is limited access to the amphitheatre, which may not be suitable for all types of mobility vehicles. We will do everything we can to make sure you can see the show but please call us on 01326 252205 before booking to discuss.
- Our only toilets are within the Visitor Centre at the top of the garden.
- Although many of our paths are lit it is advisable to bring a torch with you.
- Picnics are welcome at this event and light refreshments will also be available.
- We have plenty of free parking available for all events.
- Trebah loves dogs but unfortunately they are unable to attend live performance events.