"Excitement around every corner
- a true gardeners delight" C.Sanders, Hampshire
17th August, 2019
Described as “Downton Abbey with gardening tips”, Old Herbaceous is the humorous love story of a single-minded yet gentle man with a passion for plants and is a charming one man play which has entranced sell-out audiences all around the country over the last two years.
As Old Herbaceous, renowned actor Giles Shenton truly lives the part of the legendary Head Gardener, Herbert Pinnegar, inviting you to feel included in a private chat from a bygone, comforting age. Keeping you engrossed, amused and emotionally engaged from start to finish, Old Herbaceous will leave you with a feeling that, perhaps, all’s right with the world.
Price: £14 adults, £8 children
Ticket link> https://www.minack.com/
A special pre-show dinner is available at Trebah Cafe:
Old Herbaceous Evening Menu
£16 per person including prosecco or elderflower
- Rosemary focaccia bread with herb salsa, kalamata olives and feta cheese with mint
All served with herb new potatoes
- Salmon poached in a court bouillon with beetroot, pea shoot and radish salad
- Crisp confit of duck leg with naturtium leaves, orange, watercress and almond salad
- A salad of mizuna leaves, micro herbs, red amaranth, celery leaf and chervil with crispy panko-breaded avocado. Topped with toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, grilled halloumi,
semi-dried tomatoes and a lemon taragon dressing
Please call 01326 252200 to book a table. Food choices can be made in the cafe on the evening of the performance. Allow 10-15 minutes after your dinner to make your way to the amphitheatre.
Every Amphitheatre ticket gives free entry to the garden from 2pm until the start of the show.